General Bamboo Mat Split
The Bamboo mat split is made of thin bamboo strips. These strips are approximately 1 cm wide by 3 mm thick and are mounted together with galvanized steel wire. Our bamboo rolls are available in various sizes, but can also be easily cut to size in height and width.
Bamboo mat Split on a roll are easy to attach to a metal fence or existing fence, but are also suitable for covering walls, parasols and roofs. Split mats are also a perfect option for inexpensive natural partitions at events and festivals. Each roll is packed in a compact carrier bag with handles, which is very convenient for transport.
More information about the properties of split bamboo mats and how they can be attached can be found in the description of each product. If you have any questions or would like a customised quote, please do not hesitate to contact us. Of course, you are always welcome to come and see the bamboo mats and pick them up directly.
We recommend placing a split bamboo mat at least 5 mm off the ground so that it does not remain in direct contact with wet soil, as this can cause black discolouration over time. During installation, use, for example, an edging board on which the split bamboo mat can rest.
- You can easily attach a split bamboo mat to an existing wall or fence with our special 3.5 x 25 mm fastening screws or wire staples. Place the screws between the bamboo strips and screw them tight so that the ring presses the bamboo strips against the wall. Do not screw directly through the bamboo strips to avoid splitting them. Place the wire staples over the iron wire and hammer them into the background. Do not hammer the staples through the bamboo strips to avoid splitting them.
- Attaching a split bamboo mat to a mesh panel, metal fence or balcony is very easy with the help of tying wires or tie-wraps. Bend the Tie ropes around the galvanised metal wire running through the split bamboo mat and pull it tight to the metal fence or balcony.
- A great advantage of bamboo is that it is an easy material to work with. You can easily shorten the width of a split bamboo mat by cutting the galvanised metal wires to the desired width with a pair of pliers.
- To adjust the height of the bamboo mat, you can cut the bamboo strips to the desired height or cut them with a pair of secateurs. When cutting, preferably use a saw blade with fine teeth to prevent the bamboo from fraying.
In outdoor use bamboo will start to grey. If you want to prevent this, we advise to treat bamboo annually with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant stain that slows down the ageing process and thus increases the durability of the bamboo. You can apply this transparent bamboo stain immediately after installation.
- Each bamboo strip is unique, therefore colour differences in a bamboo mat are possible.
- The height and width of each bamboo strip and each bamboo mat can vary.
- When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. We therefore advise to treat bamboo fences annually with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant stain that slows down the ageing process and thus increases the durability of the bamboo.
- During the autumn months, almost everything discolours, even split bamboo mats can take on a darker appearance. However, this discolouration is easy to clean during the summer months.