Bamboo mat Regular Black
Our Bamboo mat Regular Black on roll is made of Chinese Moso bamboo canes with a diameter of 25-28 mm. The bamboo rolls are available in standard widths of 180 or 250 cm and in heights of 100 to 250 cm, but can easily be shortened if required (both bottom and sides).
Our Bamboo Mat Regular Black is very strong and easy to assemble. Among other things, they can be used as garden fencing or wall and ceiling coverings. All our bamboo roll screens are naturally closed at the top to prevent the penetration of moisture and dirt. The bamboo canes are pierced in several places and fastened together with galvanised steel wire.
More information about the installation and fixing of these bamboo mats can be found in the description of each product. If you have any questions or would like a customised quote, please do not hesitate to contact us. Of course, you are always welcome to come and take a look at the bamboo mats and pick them up directly.
We recommend placing the Bamboo Mat Regular Black at least 5 mm from the ground so that it does not remain in direct contact with wet soil. After all, this can cause black discolouration over time. During installation, you can, for example, use an edging board on which the bamboo mat can rest.
- To fix a bamboo mat against a wooden fence or wall, drill 4 mm holes through the bamboo canes, preferably using our special 4 mm bamboo drill. Do this about every 20 cm in a horizontal direction and screw down the bamboo mat with 4 x 50 mm stainless steel screws. Attention, fixed is fixed! Screw the bamboo mat to the top, middle and bottom for maximum stability.
- It is also possible to cover the bamboo mat with wire staples against a wooden fence or wall. Place the wire staples over the galvanised iron wires and hammer them into the wood. Do not drive the staples through the bamboo stems to avoid splitting them.
- Attaching a bamboo mat to mesh fencing is very easy using Tie ropes or tie-wraps. Bend the binding wires around the galvanised metal wire running through the bamboo mat and pull it tight to the metal fence.
Shortening of bamboo mats on a roll
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is an easy material to work with. You can easily shorten the width of a bamboo mat on a roll by loosening the galvanised metal wires on the side. Then pull the desired amount of bamboo canes from the roll and fold the iron wires back in place, done!
- To adjust the height of the bamboo mat on roll, you can cut the bamboo canes. Preferably use a saw blade with fine teeth and tape the bamboo sticks with painter's tape to minimise the possible splintering of the bamboo.
In outdoor use bamboo will start to grey. If you want to prevent this, we advise to treat bamboo annually with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant stain that slows down the ageing process and thus increases the durability of the bamboo. You can apply this transparent bamboo stain immediately after installation.
- Each bamboo cane is unique, so colour differences in a black bamboo mat are normal.
- The diameter of each bamboo stick and the height and width of each bamboo mat may vary.
- Vertical cracks can/will appear in bamboo mats. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks with changes in temperature or humidity. However, cracks have no effect on the lifespan of the bamboo mat.