Java Black Decoration Stick Ø 3-4 x 200 cm
This dark brown Java Black Decoration Stick Ø 3-4 x 200 cm has a natural curve and becomes thinner towards the top. We have selected these sticks especially so that they can be used as playful decoration branches in a container, vase or pot. Of course, by combining several bamboo decorative branches, you can also create a beautiful dark room divider or partition wall for the bedroom, living room, shop or window.
Our black bamboo decorative sticks are taken from the upper part of the black Java bamboo plant. This part of the plant is always crooked and varies the most in diameter. One of the characteristics of this strong bamboo species is that the outer layer has a natural dark brown matte appearance to which oil, paint or stain adheres perfectly. So you can easily treat or paint the decorative sticks for an even more beautiful result. With Booster oil, you can highlight the natural dark brown colour even more.
Working with bamboo
- Bamboo canes can be connected in many different ways. Most techniques involve the use of rope and/or threaded rods, but more advanced methods such as the fish-bill connection or mortise and tenon connection are also possible.
- If you want to use screws to mount bamboo poles, it is best to pre-drill them to avoid cracks.
- Cutting bamboo is best done with a Japanese saw. This special bamboo saw has hybrid teeth for easy, quick and precise cross-cutting and mitre cuts.
- If you want to place bamboo canes in the ground, we advise to apply Bamboo Soil Protector to the part that will be placed in the ground. This special black coating preserves the bamboo and protects against wood rot.
- The diameter of each bamboo decoration branch varies. Our indicated measurements are always measured at the base (or the thickest side of the bamboo stick). If you require precise measurements to the millimetre, we advise you to come and pick out the bamboo canes yourself in our warehouse.
- A natural feature of these bamboo decorative branches is that they are thicker at the base than at the top. The course differs from branch to branch.
- Bamboo is a natural product, therefore these bamboo canes never all have the same curvature.
- Each bamboo stick is unique, so colour differences are normal.
- Vertical cracks can/will appear in bamboo canes, especially in outdoor use. Like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks with changes in temperature or humidity. However, cracks do not affect the structural integrity of the bamboo.
- When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. We therefore advise you to treat your bamboo canes annually with Booster, a specially developed natural oil that slows down the ageing process and thus increases the durability of bamboo. Bamboo Booster is easy to apply using our oil absorbent Care Wipes.