General about the Reed Mats Unpinned on a Roll
These Reed Mats Unpelled on a roll are made of unpeeled freshwater reed. The reed stems are approx. 6-8 mm thick and tied together per stem with thin galvanised iron wire, the distance between them being approx. 10 cm.
Reed mats Unpinned on a roll are cheap, environmentally friendly and ideally suited as garden fencing or to create a natural look for your garden, balcony or terrace. Reed mats are also extremely suitable for protecting outdoor plants against frost (a reed mat withstands frost by about 3 degrees), as decoration or for letting climbing plants grow in. For these reasons, reed mats are often used to separate events or business premises, but also to embellish old fences or mesh panels.
We recommend that a reed fence be placed at least 10 cm off the ground to extend the life of the reed mat. During installation, use an edge board for example, on which the reed mat can rest.
- You can easily place a reed mat against an existing wall or fence confirm with our special 3.5 x 25 mm fastening screws or wire staples. Place the screws between the reeds and screw them tight so that the ring presses the reed against the wall. Place the wire staples over the (plastic coated) iron wire and secure them in the (wooden) background.
- A reed mat against a mesh panel or metal fence is very quick and easy with the help of tie ropes or tie-wraps. Bend the Tie ropes around the galvanised metal wire running through the reed mat and pull it tight to the metal fence.
- A great advantage of reed is that it is an easy material to work with. You can easily shorten the width of a reed mat on a roll and make it to size by cutting the galvanised iron wires to the desired width with a pair of pliers.
- To adjust the height of the reed mat, you can cut the reed stems to the desired height with a pair of secateurs.
- A reed mat on roll is a natural product, as a result of which the dimensions of the mats can vary slightly from the specified size. This also applies to the sight density.
- For outdoor use, the minimum lifespan of reed mats is 3-5 years. To increase the life span, you can treat reed mats with Bamboo Booster. This natural oil is easy to apply with the help of a brush.