General about the Reed fences Classic on a roll
These reed fences Classic on a roll of 600 cm width are made of unpeeled European freshwater reed. The extra thick reed stalks are approx. 6-8 mm and tied together with iron wire at intervals of about 10 cm.
Reed fences Classic on a roll are cheap, environmentally friendly, and ideally suited as garden fencing or to create a natural look for your garden, balcony, or terrace. Reed fences are also ideal for protecting outdoor plants against frost (a reed mat withstands frost by about 3 degrees), as decoration, or for letting climbing plants grow in. For these reasons, reed mats are often used to separate events or business premises, but also to embellish old fences or mesh panels.
We recommend that a reed fence be placed at least 10 cm off the ground to extend the life of the reed mat. During installation, use an edge board for example, on which the reed mat can rest.
- You can easily place a reed fence against an existing wall or fence confirm with our special 3.5 x 25 mm fastening screws or wire staples. Place the screws between the reeds and screw them tight so that the ring presses the reed against the wall. Place the wire staples over the (plastic coated) iron wire and secure them in the (wooden) background.
- A reed fence against a mesh panel or metal fence is very quick and easy with the help of tie ropes or tie-wraps. Bend the Tie ropes around the galvanised metal wire running through the reed mat and pull it tight to the metal fence.
- A great advantage of reed is that it is an easy material to work with. You can easily shorten the width of a reed mat on a roll and make it to size by cutting the galvanised iron wires to the desired width with a pair of pliers.
- To adjust the height of the reed fence, you can cut the reed stems to the desired height with a pair of secateurs.
- A reed fence on a roll is a natural product, as a result of which the dimensions of the fences can vary slightly from the specified size. This also applies to the sight density.
- For outdoor use, the minimum lifespan of reed fences is 3-5 years. To increase the life span, you can treat reed mats with Bamboo Booster. This natural oil is easy to apply with the help of a brush.