Bamboo Board Natural
Our Natural Bamboo Board is made from the Indonesian bamboo species Tali and the South American bamboo species Guadua. These bamboos are known for their excellent constructional properties and have an outer layer that can be easily lacquered, oiled or painted.
To make the Bamboo Slat Natural, thick round bamboo poles are sawn into equal strips along the entire length. Then the strips are sanded on the sides so that they are nice and straight. The natural look of the outer layer is of course retained.
More information about the properties of our bamboo slats and how they can be used can be found in the description of each product. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Of course you are also welcome to come and see the products in our showroom and possibly take them directly from our warehouse in Beverwijk.
Working with Bamboo
Because our bamboo slats are nice and straight, they can be easily processed. Covering a surface with bamboo slats can be done in a few simple steps:
- First decide where you want to place the bamboo strips. You can place the strips vertically, horizontally or diagonally to create any pattern you like. Then saw the strips to size and lay them nicely next to each other.
- The fixing of bamboo slats can be done with floor or wood glue, nails or screws and depends on the surface to which you want to apply the slats.
- When using screws, pre-drilling is necessary to avoid cracks and tears in the bamboo. Nails should be driven into the nodes of the bamboo lath, preferably using thin nails and a tacker.
Our bamboo slats are supplied untreated as standard. For indoor applications we recommend BoosterThis is a natural oil that protects the bamboo and allows the beautiful colour to shine through. For outdoor applications we recommend Bamboo Protector, a UV-resistant stain that protects against ageing and weathering.
- Bamboo is a natural product, so colour differences are considered normal.
- The distance between the knots (horizontal lines on the lath) is always different.