Bamboo stick Moso
The Moso bamboo cane is a Chinese bamboo species that is known as the hardest bamboo in the world (in China, Moso means "very valuable hardwood"). For this reason, these bamboo canes and bamboo poles are widely used for the manufacture of solid board material and bamboo flooring.
The Moso bamboo cane is also extremely suitable for decorative applications because it has a beautiful shiny yellow colour. It is also perfect for building: wedding arbours, garden fences, pergolas, musical instruments, bicycle frames, you name it.
A large assortment of Moso posts are directly available from our warehouse in the Netherlands in diameters from 3 to 12 cm and lengths from 1 to 6 m (depending on the diameter). Container orders can be delivered directly from our factory in China.
More information about the characteristics of Moso bamboo canes and how they can be used can be found in the description of each product. If you have any questions or would like a customised quote, please do not hesitate to contact us. Of course you are always welcome to come and pick out the bamboo canes and take them away with you.
Working with Bamboo
- Bamboo canes can be connected in many different ways. Most techniques involve the use of rope and/or threaded rods, but more advanced methods such as the fish-bill connection or mortise and tenon connection are also possible.
- If you want to use screws to mount bamboo poles, it is best to pre-drill them to avoid cracks.
- Cutting bamboo is best done with a Japanese saw. This special bamboo saw has hybrid teeth for easy, quick and precise cross-cutting and mitre cuts.
- If you want to place bamboo canes in the ground, we advise to apply Bamboo Soil Protector to the part that will be placed in the ground. This special black coating preserves the bamboo and protects against wood rot.
- The diameter of each bamboo stick varies. Our indicated measurements are always measured at the base (or the thickest side of the bamboo stick). If you require precise measurements to the millimetre, we advise you to come and pick out the bamboo canes yourself in our warehouse.
- A natural characteristic of bamboo canes is that they are thicker at the base than at the top. The course of the bamboo canes depends on the bamboo species and the length of the cane. The gradient of these Moso bamboo canes is approximately a 20-30% over a length of 3 metres.
- Bamboo is a natural product, therefore bamboo canes are never 100% straight.
- Each bamboo stick is unique, so colour differences are possible.
- Vertical cracks can/will appear in bamboo canes, especially in outdoor use. Like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks with changes in temperature or humidity. However, cracks do not affect the structural integrity of the bamboo.
- When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. We therefore advise you to treat your bamboo canes annually with Booster, a specially developed natural oil that slows down the ageing process and thus increases the durability of bamboo. Bamboo Booster is easy to apply using our oil absorbent Care Wipes.