Bamboo stick Java Black
The Bamboo stick Java Black has a natural dark brown colour and originates from Indonesia. This dark bamboo can be used to build all kinds of structures. This bamboo is also excellent for making furniture, musical instruments or fences.
Unlike Chinese Nigra black bamboo canes, Java Black has a porous outer layer that can be easily stained. The Bamboo Stick Java Black is available in diameters from 3 to 10 cm and up to 5 m in length.
More information about the properties of the Bamboo Stick Java Black and how they can be used can be found in the description of each product. If you have any questions or would like a quote, please do not hesitate to contact us. Of course you are always welcome to come and pick out the bamboo poles and take them away with you.
Working with bamboo
- Bamboo canes can be connected in many different ways. Most techniques involve the use of rope and/or threaded rods, but more advanced methods such as the fish-bill connection or mortise and tenon connection are also possible.
- If you want to use screws to mount bamboo poles, it is best to pre-drill them to avoid cracks.
- Cutting bamboo is best done with a Japanese saw. This special bamboo saw has hybrid teeth for easy, quick and precise cross-cutting and mitre cuts.
- If you want to place bamboo canes in the ground, we advise to apply Bamboo Soil Protector to the part that will be placed in the ground. This special black coating preserves the bamboo and protects against wood rot.
- The diameter of each bamboo stick varies. Our indicated measurements are always measured at the base (or the thickest side of the bamboo stick). If you require precise measurements to the millimetre, we advise you to come and pick out the bamboo canes yourself in our warehouse.
- A natural characteristic of bamboo canes is that they are thicker at the base than at the top. The course of the bamboo canes depends on the bamboo species and the length of the cane. The gradient of these Java black bamboo canes is approximately a 10-15% over a length of 3 metres.
- Bamboo is a natural product, therefore bamboo canes are never 100% straight.
- Each bamboo stick is unique, so colour differences are possible, especially with black bamboo sticks.
- Vertical cracks can/will appear in bamboo canes, especially in outdoor use. Like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks with changes in temperature or humidity. However, cracks do not affect the structural integrity of the bamboo.
- When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. We therefore advise you to treat your bamboo canes annually with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant stain that slows down the ageing process and thus increases the durability of the bamboo.