General Bamboo Screen Slats Black
Bamboo Screen Slats Black is made of black bamboo slats. These garden fences are cheap, light and easy to screw onto a wall or wooden fence. For the construction, dark bamboo slats with an average width of 3-5 cm are mounted on horizontal supports, making it a solid whole.
A lot of attention is also paid to the finishing, for example, all screens are treated with a basic layer of lacquer and the decorative palm rope provides a playful look. All our slatted bamboo screens are handmade in Indonesia.
More information on the properties of a slatted black garden screen and how to attach them can be found in the product description. If you still have questions after reading this information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Of course, you are also welcome to view the products in our showroom and possibly take them directly from our warehouse in Beverwijk. Because of our direct import, you are assured of the best prices and unique bamboo fences at Bamboo Import Europe.
We recommend placing bamboo screens at least 5 cm from the ground so that they do not remain in direct contact with wet soil, as this can cause discolouration over time. During installation, you can, for example, use an edge board on which the bamboo screen can rest.
To attach a bamboo slatted screen to a wooden fence or wall Drill 4 mm holes through the horizontal bamboo slats that run through the screen. Do this every four bamboo slats in a horizontal direction and screw the bamboo fence in place with 4 x 40 mm screws. Attention, fixed is fixed! For maximum stability, screw the bamboo fence sections to the top, middle and bottom.
Making bamboo screens to measure
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is an easy material to work with. You can shorten the width of a bamboo slatted screen by cutting the horizontal bamboo slats to the desired width. Make sure that before you cut the bamboo slats you first loosen the black palm rope so that you can then tie it back together again.
- To adjust the height of the bamboo screens, you can saw off the bamboo slats at the bottom and/or top. To do this, preferably use a saw blade with fine teeth and tape the bamboo slats with strong tape to prevent the bamboo from fraying.
When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. We therefore advise to treat bamboo annually with Booster, a specially developed natural oil that slows down the ageing process and increases the durability of the bamboo. In addition it nourishes and cares for the bamboo. Bamboo Booster is easy to apply using oil absorbent wipes or a brush.
- Each bamboo slat is unique, so colour differences in a bamboo screen are normal.
- The width of each bamboo batten in a screen can vary.
- When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. We therefore advise to treat bamboo screens annually with Bamboo ProtectorA specially developed UV-resistant stain that slows down the ageing process and thus increases the lifespan of the bamboo fence.