General Bamboo Screen Giant Black
Bamboo screen Giant Black is made of dark brown Indonesian 6-9 cm thick bamboo canes. These robust bamboo screens are available in different sizes and can easily be shortened (both the bottom and the sides). By placing several bamboo screens next to each other, your garden will get an exotic and summery look.
Bamboo Fence Giant Black is naturally closed at the top to prevent moisture and dirt from getting into the bamboo canes. A horizontal thinner bamboo skewer ensures the stability of the bamboo fence.
More information on the characteristics of the Bamboo Screen Giant Black and how they can be installed can be found in the description of each product. If you have any questions or would like a customized quote, please do not hesitate to contact us. Of course you are always welcome to come and see the bamboo garden fences and pick them up directly.
A Giant bamboo garden screen has a top and a bottom. The top can be recognised because the bamboo poles there are naturally closed. Therefore, do not install the fence with the open bamboo poles facing upwards as rainwater and dirt may remain in the bamboo.
We also recommend that the bamboo screens are placed at least 2 cm from the ground so that they are not in direct contact with wet soil, as this can cause black discolouration over time. You can, for example, use a side board during installation on which the bamboo garden screen can rest.
- To attach a Giant bamboo screen to a wooden fence or wall, drill 7 mm holes through the bamboo poles (just below the horizontal spike). Do this every two bamboo poles in a horizontal direction and screw the bamboo screen into place with 6 x 100 mm screws. Attention, fixed is fixed! Screw the bamboo garden screen to the top and bottom for maximum stability.
- Do you have no existing fence to mount the bamboo garden screen against? No problem. With our special Stainless steel mounting clamps and hardwood garden poles you can install a Giant bamboo garden screen in any location. Halved bamboo poles can be screwed to the hardwood garden piles to give a nice finish and hide the garden piles. View these manual for more information.
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is an easy material to work with. You can shorten the width of a Gaint bamboo garden fence by cutting the internal bamboo canes to the desired width. Make sure that you secure the outer bamboo pole back in place with screws.
- To adjust the height of the bamboo fence, you can cut the bamboo poles at the bottom. Preferably use a saw blade with fine teeth and tape the bamboo poles with strong tape to prevent the bamboo from fraying.
When used outdoors, bamboo grey. If you want to prevent this, we advise you to treat bamboo annually with Bamboo Protector, a specially developed UV-resistant stain that slows down the ageing process and thus increases the durability of the bamboo. You can apply this transparent bamboo stain immediately after installation.
- Each bamboo cane is unique, so colour differences in a bamboo garden screen are normal.
- The diameter of each bamboo cane in a bamboo screen can vary.
- Vertical cracks can / will occur in bamboo garden fences. Like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks with changes in temperature or humidity. However, cracks have no effect on the lifespan of the fence.
- In the autumn months, almost everything discolours, including bamboo garden fences. However, this discolouration is easy to clean during the summer months.