Bamboo mat Special Edition
Bamboo mat Special Edition on rolls creates an impressive bamboo fence in your garden or on your terrace. These beautiful Bamboo Mat Special Edition are made with thick bamboo canes of up to 4-7 cm.
These luxurious bamboo mats can easily be attached to an existing fence or mesh panel and provide minimal see-through, more privacy and a tropical look. For this reason, bamboo mats are also often used to cover walls in both residential and commercial spaces.
A Bamboo Mat Special Edition on roll has a top and a bottom. The top can be recognized because the bamboo canes there are naturally closed. Therefore, do not place the bamboo mat with the open bamboo canes upwards, as rainwater and dirt can remain in the bamboo.
We also recommend placing the bamboo mat at least 2 cm off the ground so it does not remain in direct contact with wet soil, as this can cause black discolouration over time. You can, for example, use an edge board during installation on which the bamboo mat can rest.
- To fix a bamboo mat against a wooden fence or wall, drill 4 mm holes through the bamboo canes, preferably using our special 4 mm bamboo drill. Do this about every 20 cm in a horizontal direction and screw down the bamboo mat with 4 x 50 mm stainless steel screws. Attention, fixed is fixed! Screw the bamboo mat to the top, middle and bottom for maximum stability.
- Attaching a bamboo mat to mesh fencing is very easy using Tie ropes or tie-wraps. Bend the binding wires around the galvanised metal wire running through the bamboo mat and pull it tight to the metal fence.
Shortening of bamboo mats on a roll
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is an easy material to work with. You can easily shorten the width of a bamboo mat on a roll by loosening the galvanised metal wires on the side. Then pull the desired amount of bamboo sticks from the roll and fold the iron wires back in place, done!
- To adjust the height of the bamboo mat on roll, you can cut the bamboo canes at the bottom. Preferably use a Japanese saw and tape the bamboo sticks with strong tape to prevent the bamboo from fraying.
When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. We therefore advise to treat bamboo annually with Booster, a specially developed natural oil that slows down the ageing process and increases the durability of the bamboo. In addition it nourishes and cares for the bamboo. Bamboo Booster is easy to apply using oil absorbent wipes or a brush.
- Each bamboo cane is unique, therefore colour differences in a bamboo mat are possible.
- The diameter of each bamboo stick and the height and width of each bamboo mat may vary.
- Vertical cracks can/will appear in bamboo mats. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks with changes in temperature or humidity. However, cracks have no effect on the lifespan of the bamboo mat.
- During the autumn months, almost everything discolours, including bamboo mats can take on a darker appearance. However, this discolouration is easy to clean during the summer months.