Bamboo mat Regular Natural
Our Bamboo Mat Regular Natural on rolls are made from Chinese Moso bamboo canes with a diameter of 25-28 mm. The bamboo rolls are available in standard widths of 180 or 250 cm and in heights of 100 to 250 cm, but can easily be shortened if required (both bottom and sides).
The Bamboo Mat Regular Natural is very strong and easy to assemble. They can be used as garden fencing or as wall and ceiling covering. All our bamboo roll screens are naturally closed at the top to prevent the penetration of moisture and dirt. The bamboo canes are pierced in several places and attached to each other with galvanised steel wire.
More information about placing and fixing this Bamboo Mat Regular Natural can be found in the description of each product. If you have any questions or would like a customised quote, please do not hesitate to contact us. Of course you are always welcome to come and see the bamboo mats and pick them up directly.
A bamboo mat on roll has a top and a bottom. The top can be recognised because the bamboo canes there are naturally closed. Place the bamboo mat therefore not with the open bamboo canes to the top because rainwater and dirt in the bamboo remain.
We also recommend placing the bamboo mat at least 5 mm off the ground so that it does not remain in direct contact with wet soil, as this can cause black discolouration over time. During installation, you can use, for example, an edging board on which the bamboo mat can rest.
- To fix a bamboo mat against a wooden fence or wall, drill 4 mm holes through the bamboo canes, preferably using our special 4 mm bamboo drill. Do this about every 20 cm in a horizontal direction and screw down the bamboo mat with 4 x 50 mm stainless steel screws. Attention, fixed is fixed! Screw the bamboo mat to the top, middle and bottom for maximum stability.
- Attaching a bamboo mat to mesh fencing is very easy using Tie ropes or tie-wraps. Bend the binding wires around the galvanised metal wire running through the bamboo mat and pull it tight to the metal fence.
- Shortening of bamboo mats on a roll
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is an easy material to work with. You can easily shorten the width of a bamboo mat on a roll by loosening the galvanised metal wires on the side. Then pull the desired amount of bamboo sticks from the roll and fold the iron wires back in place, done!
- To adjust the height of the bamboo mat on roll, you can cut the bamboo canes at the bottom. Preferably use a Japanese saw and tape the bamboo sticks with strong tape to prevent the bamboo from fraying.
- Each bamboo cane is unique, therefore colour differences in a bamboo mat are possible.
- The diameter of each bamboo stick and the height and width of each bamboo mat may vary.
- Vertical cracks can/will appear in bamboo mats. Just like wood, bamboo expands or shrinks with changes in temperature or humidity. However, cracks have no effect on the lifespan of the bamboo mat.
- During the autumn months, almost everything discolours, including bamboo mats can take on a darker appearance. However, this discolouration is easy to clean during the summer months.
When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. We therefore advise to treat bamboo annually with Booster, a specially developed natural oil that slows down the ageing process and increases the durability of the bamboo. In addition it nourishes and cares for the bamboo. Bamboo Booster is easy to apply using oil absorbent wipes or a brush.