General Bamboo Mat Natural Halfround
Our Bamboo mat Natural Halfround on rolls are made from Moso bamboo canes with a diameter of 30-50mm. The semi-circular natural bamboo mats are available as standard in 180 cm width and 100, 150, 180 and 200 cm height. The mats are easy to shorten, allowing you to adjust the length to your needs. Because of the variation in length, the mat usable in the garden as well as indoors.
Our Bamboo mat Natural Halfround is very strong and it is a sustainable alternative to tropical hardwood. The half-round mats can be used among other things as a natural garden fence or as wall and ceiling covering. Because our half-round bamboo roll screens are halved, moisture and dirt easily escape and the bamboo stays in good condition.
For more information on installing and fixing these bamboo mats on a roll, please see the description. If you have any questions or would like a customised quote, please do not hesitate to contact us. Of course, you are also welcome to come and see the bamboo mats and pick them up directly.
- Each hemispherical bamboo cane is unique, therefore colour differences in a bamboo mat are possible.
- The diameter of each bamboo stick and the height and width of each bamboo mat may vary.
- One advantage of semi-circular bamboo canes is that they are much less prone to tearing than solid bamboo canes.
- During the autumn months, almost everything discolours, including bamboo mats can take on a darker appearance. However, this discolouration is easy to clean during the summer months.
We recommend placing the bamboo mat at least 5 mm off the ground so that it does not remain in direct contact with wet soil, as this can cause discolouration over time. During installation, you can use, for example, an edging board on which the bamboo mat can rest.
- To attach a semi-circular bamboo mat to a wooden fence or wall, drill 4 mm holes through the bamboo canes, preferably using our special 4 mm bamboo drill. Do this about every 20 cm in a horizontal direction and screw down the bamboo mat with 4 x 50 mm stainless steel screws. Attention, fixed is fixed! Screw the bamboo mat to the top, middle and bottom for maximum stability.
- Attaching a bamboo mat to mesh fencing is very easy using Tie ropes or tie-wraps. Bend the binding wires around the galvanised metal wire running through the bamboo mat and pull it tight to the metal fence.
Shortening of bamboo mats on a roll
- A big advantage of bamboo is that it is an easy material to work with. You can easily shorten the width of a bamboo mat on a roll by loosening the galvanised metal wires on the side. Then pull the desired amount of bamboo sticks from the roll and fold the iron wires back in place, done!
- To adjust the height of the bamboo mat on roll, you can easily cut the bamboo canes. Preferably use a Japanese saw and tape the bamboo sticks with strong tape to prevent the bamboo from fraying.
When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. We therefore advise to treat bamboo annually with Booster, a specially developed natural oil that slows down the ageing process and increases the durability of the bamboo. In addition it nourishes and cares for the bamboo. Bamboo Booster is easy to apply using oil absorbent wipes or a brush.