General Bamboo Topcoat Lacquer 1L
Bamboo Topcoat Lacquer 1L is a high quality water-based lacquer specially developed for the optimal protection of your bamboo panels. The lacquer is fast drying, low in odour, easy to process and has a smooth flow. The application of Bamboo Topcoat has hardly any effect on the colour and preserves the natural appearance of bamboo panels. The slightly transparent satin gloss creates a luxurious finish.
Bamboo Topcoat Lacquer 1L is extremely suitable for treating and protecting bamboo furniture, walls, interior doors, kitchen worktops, staircases, panelling and floors, and is suitable for intensively used environments such as homes, offices, shops and public buildings.
Bamboo Topcoat's good resistance to moisture and dirt guarantees an extremely durable result. At the same time, Bamboo Topcoat provides optimum protection against wear, stains and discolouration. The varnish does not contain any harmful or flammable solvents and is maximally safe for the processor and the end user.
- The bamboo surface must be sanded, clean, dry and grease-free. Shearing of bamboo fibres can be prevented by moistening the bamboo panel with a damp cloth before applying the first coat. This method usually also avoids the need for intermediate sanding before applying a second coat. Intermediate sanding with P120 sandpaper is not necessary for adhesion, but can produce a smoother result.
- Do not dilute the varnish, as this may disturb the exact balance of the ingredients.
- Do not use a foam roller (this can cause blisters) but a good quality mohair roller, felt roller or a long-haired brush for applying the lacquer. Only use tools with stainless steel or plastic parts. Clean tools thoroughly with water before drying. Dried product can be dissolved with acetone if necessary.
- Spread the varnish in even strips or sections over the bamboo surface and try to avoid differences in layer thickness. It is important to apply Bamboo Topcoat in full (first coat approx. 8 m2 per litre, second coat 10-12 m2 per litre). A full coat gives a better estimation, flows optimally and dries less fast so there is more time for rolling out and making wet-on-wet connections. With 3 layers you get a fully protective coating system.
Drying times apply at 20°C, 65 % RLV, mentioned consumption and sufficient ventilation. A lower temperature and/or a higher RLV can seriously delay the drying. Always wait with the application of a next layer until the previous layer is dry enough to prevent defects. Do not cover a fresh layer during the first two weeks with foil, stucco carpet or other covering and do not clean during that period with moisture but only dry.
- Dust-dry after approx. 15 min
- Sticky after approx. 30 min
- Thumb-proof after approx. 1 hour
- Can be painted after approx. 16 hours
Do not use Bamboo Topcoat boards lacquer at temperatures below +10 °C, above +30 °C and/or at a relative humidity of more than 85%. The temperature of the substrate should be at least 3 degrees °C above the dew point. Shield from direct sunlight if necessary. Ensure sufficient ventilation to allow water vapour to escape during drying.