General Bamboo Roller Blind Black
This Bamboo Roller Blind Black is made from full round bamboo stems that have been opened up and pressed flat. This technique gives our bamboo blinds a unique exotic look with the natural outer layer and rings of the black bamboo stem still clearly visible.
Bamboo roller blinds black create a natural and tropical atmosphere in the garden, on the terrace, on a roof, gazebo, jacuzzi or conservatory and offer excellent protection against the sun, heat, sound, wind and prying eyes. Our roller blinds are designed to create privacy and intimacy while still allowing light to enter. So you can still look from the inside out, but hardly from the outside in.
The black bamboo slats in this blackout blind are on average 15 mm wide by 4 mm thick (top and bottom slats are 40 mm wide), and are woven together with strong black nylon rope creating a robust whole that is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. The rope also ensures that the bamboo roller blind rolls up very smoothly so you can determine how much light you want to let in.
Our black bamboo roller blinds are handmade in Indonesia and are untreated and without suspension system supplied. After all, this product can also be used as a rug, wall or ceiling covering, sun protection, etc.
A bamboo roller blind is easy to shorten in width with a Japanese saw. By cutting the bamboo slats you can make the blind to size.
Shortening the height is usually not necessary as it gives a nice effect if you leave part of the blind rolled up. If you are going to use the product decoratively as wall covering, this may be required. You can then cut the strings with scissors. Once you have obtained the desired length, simply knot the ropes back together again.
- When used outdoors, bamboo will start to grey. Hang the bamboo roller blind black therefore under a generous slope or treat it with Booster, a specially developed natural oil that slows down the ageing process and thus increases the lifespan of the bamboo. Bamboo Booster is easy to apply with the help of oil absorbing Care Wipes.
- Always roll the bamboo curtain dry, otherwise moisture will build up in the roll and mould may develop.
- Cleaning and dusting can easily be done with a feather duster.
- Bamboo is a natural product, so colour differences are considered normal.
- Each bamboo roller blind is unique, differences in "drawing", see-through and dimensions must be accepted.
- If you use screws to fix the bamboo slats against something, you should always make sure that the screws are not used. Drilling to prevent tearing.