Our Bamboo Beam - Caramel
Our Bamboo Beam - Caramel consists of bamboo strips glued longitudinally in a waterproof manner. The layered construction ensures high stability and a unique appearance (two sides with a "horizontally pressed" view and two sides with a "vertically pressed" view).
Solid bamboo structural beams are ideally suited for indoor structural applications due to their high bending strength, tensile strength, stiffness and hardness. In contrast to conventional wood, bamboo beams are very regular in dimensions, structure and have a high stability (low shrinkage and swelling). Furthermore, bamboo has no knots or resin run-off, which makes it very easy to process.
Bamboo Beam - Caramel can be used for many different purposes, such as window and door frames, table legs and all kinds of furniture and wood constructions for interior applications. An excellent material for architects, builders and carpenters.
Bamboo beams can be processed like wood. Therefore, sawing, milling, sanding and gluing of bamboo is possible. To give solid bamboo the right protection, you can order the right maintenance products from Bamboo Import.
More information about the mechanical properties of solid bamboo beams and how they can be processed can be found in the description of each product. If you have any further questions or would like a customised quotation, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Of course, you are always welcome to come and see our products and to collect them directly. Because of our direct import, Bamboo Import is always the right place for the best prices and extensive possibilities (for consumers as well as business clients and architects).
- All our bamboo beams are delivered untreated but can easily be treated with oil or varnish (water based) for the best look and finish. Avoid using turpentine based lacquer as this can cause colour differences.
- The colour of untreated bamboo changes under the influence of UV radiation. The natural colour will become slightly darker and the caramel colour slightly lighter. We advise to treat bamboo beams with Bamboo Topcoat, a specially developed bamboo varnish that provides optimal protection against wear, stains and discolouration.
- If you want to use oil, apply it thinly. Bamboo has a dense surface and absorbs the oil less quickly. Applying oil too thickly can lead to differences in gloss and long drying times.
- The inner layers of solid bamboo beams consist of different bamboo strips, which may cause small gaps to appear. These gaps can be closed by using a filler.
- Although bamboo is harder than oak, the beams can be worked with normal tools. Make sure that drills, saws and cutters are sharp.
- Semi-finished and finished products can be glued with a D3 waterproof glue for interior applications.