Thinking about building a bamboo pergola for your garden or patio this year? With our affordable bamboo pergola kit, this is a piece of cake.
To start, take the bamboo poles out of the package and sort them by length and diameter. The uprights, supports and beams have different dimensions and are classified as follows....
Each bamboo pergola construction kit is 3 x 4 m and contains:
- 5 x 5 - 7 300 cm beams
- 4 x 8 - 9 300 cm rafters
- 4 x 8 - 9 400 cm supports
- 4 x 9 - 10 300 cm uprights
- Find the right location for your bamboo pergola and preferably choose a flat clear space of 4 x 3 meters.
- Decide where you will place the bamboo uprights and provide 3 and 4 meters distance between the uprights (outside dimensions).
- Place two of the 3 meter long bamboo uprights - with a diameter of 9 -10 cm - parallel to the ground, and 4 meters (outside dimension) apart. Make sure the thickest side of the bamboo poles are pointing down. These will form the base of the bamboo pergola and stand on the ground.
- Place the 4 meter long bamboo supports - with a diameter of 6 - 8 cm - under the bamboo uprights lying on the ground.
- Then measure 12 cm from the top of the uprights and drill a 10 mm hole through the upright and the carrier. Secure the bamboo posts with the supplied M8 x 200 mm bolts.
- Repeat the same steps for the other side of the pergola and secure the bolts.
Be careful not to over tighten the bolts to avoid damaging the bamboo poles, fixed is fixed!
- Check that all joints are securely fastened and then straighten the two sides of the pergola.
- Now that the two longest sides of the bamboo pergola are upright, you can start attaching the 3 meter long bamboo supports - with a diameter of 6 - 8 cm - as well.
- Place the 3 meter carriers on top of the 4 meter carriers to connect the two sides of the bamboo pergola.
- Attach the carriers in the same way as described in step 2.
- After securing all the supports, the bamboo pergola should be able to stand independently.
- Place the 3 meter long bamboo beams - with a diameter of 3 - 5 cm - on top of the supports and fasten them with the supplied M8 x 180 mm bolts and nuts.
- The distance between the beams is 60 cm (center to center).
- Mark the first drill hole in the middle of the beams (exactly at 2 meters) and then measure twice 60cm to the left and to the right. So this way you have 5 marks per girder where you can drill the 10mm holes.
Once the bamboo pergola kit is assembled, you can optionally choose to tie off all the connection with rope to hide the bolts. You can do this with Palm Rope Black (diameter 3 mm) or with Manila Rope (diameter 6 mm). For the ultimate tropical experience, you can finish the bamboo pergola with a beautiful Straw Roof.
Zodra het bamboe pergola bouwpakket in elkaar is gezet kan je er optioneel nog voor kiezen om alle verbinding met touw af te knopen om zo de bouten te verbergen. Dit kan je doen met Palm Touw Zwart (diameter 3 mm) of met Manilla Touw (diameter 6 mm). Voor de ultieme tropische ervaring kan je de bamboe pergola afwerken met een prachtig Strodak.
NEW! Order here our specially developed universal bamboo pole holders for anchoring bamboo pergolas.